Termites may look small in size, but when it comes to your home, they can be one mighty problem. These little creatures can corrupt a home’s foundation, walls, ceilings, doors — you name it. Even worse, it’s hard to escape them as they’re a nuisance to homeowners in 49 out of 50 states, the only exception being Alaska.
Termite damage is a big headache to homeowners. So, should you look into a cash offer if your home has termite damage? In this guide, you’ll find two main options to consider if your home has termite damage.
Repair Your House Before You Look into a Cash Offer
If your home has termite damage, your first option is hiring a pest professional to perform a termite inspection and termite treatments. You can then proceed to make the necessary repairs to bring the house back to its state before infestation.
The whole process should start with a professional determining what kind of termites are residing in your home and what will be the best way to get rid of them. The pest control professional should also give you an estimate of the cost of termite treatment. If left untreated, the destruction caused by termites can be costly and problematic, especially when trying to sell your house.
Sell Your Home with Termite Damage to a Cash Buyer
Selling a house can be stressful in itself, but it becomes even more challenging when you’ve to sell a property that has experienced some damage caused by termite activity. However, that doesn’t mean that you’re out of options as a seller.
Many homeowners have successfully sold their houses despite termite damage, you only need to know how to proceed in this situation.
If you don’t mind taking a slight discount, then selling a house with termites directly to a cash buyer is a great option. The flippers and property investors buy the property as it is. However, the best way to do this is by first disclosing to the buyer that your house has termite damage and/or an infestation.
Some of the advantages of selling your home with termite damage to a cash buyer include:
- You can sell the home as-is. You don’t have to pay for repairs and remediation and then hope that the termite history isn’t a problem for potential buyers.
- The buyer pays cash for the house. You don’t have to worry about a last-minute decline by a lender because of the borrower’s credit or the condition of your house.
- No need for appraisals or third-party inspections. Most cash buyers know market values and repair costs from experience, so they close on the deal faster.
- You can avoid all of the emotional and time-consuming events that distract your family, like showings and open houses.
- With cash buyers, you deal directly with the principal involved, not the public.
- No realtor fees or commissions required
Sell Your House As-Is to Home Buyers Express
If your home has termite damage and you’re looking into a cash offer, don’t worry. Home Buyers Express got you covered. We’re the fastest, simplest, and most convenient way to sell your house in Maryland. We’ll buy your house as-is, make you a fair cash offer and allow you to close on the deal faster.
The best part is that you won’t have to deal with fees, commissions, or repair costs. Call 410-274-9678 or fill out the contact form on our website to get a cash offer now.