Everyone wants to have a beautiful lawn, but many don’t want to go through the process of creating it. We’ll admit, landscaping can be a bit tedious! However, there are simple, affordable, and creative ways you can spruce up your lawn.
Here are a few ways you can eliminate the stress of a dull yard, without breaking the bank.
- Give the grass a clean cut. When you drive past an unkempt home landscape, what is it that stands out? For most, the most noticeable thing that can hinder the curb appeal is tall, brown grass. Take some time to mow, fertilize, and water your lawn. Then start removing any weeds, debris, branches, etc. If you want to moisten up your soil, we also suggest laying down some mulch or gravel.
- Add some color. Consider adding a vegetable garden or flower bed to add some pops of color! While a vegetable garden might take some time and effort, it’s size alone can help fill any empty space, and have potential to inspire some home cooking. Vegetable gardens aren’t your thing? Find some planters or containers with evergreen plants or flowers to spruce up your porch or patio.
- Repaint. The front of your house is the focal point, so tidying up the windows and doors could make your landscaping look more put together! Consider adding some pops of color to the exteriors, like a bright red door or blue shutters. Even if you don’t want to be too bold with colors, a fresh coat of paint will already do you wonders. Paint is fairly cheap, and with the help of family and friends, you can get it done in no time.
- Create paving or stone work. This sounds expensive at first listen, but it doesn’t have to be! For example, you can create a cool walkway out of wooden desk chips. If you choose to do stones, they don’t have to be the most expensive to be functional. As long as it’s not hard to walk on and sits firmly in place, you can use just about anything you want.
- Build raised beds. To make your driveway or edges more vibrant, consider installing some raised beds of colorful plants. You can create these using stone, concrete, wood, or just about any other DIY material. If you already have a flower bed, it might be a cool idea to add brick edging to them to add some structure.
- Clean the patio. Que the jet washer! When you look at your front porch or patio every day, you might not notice how drastically dirty it can get over time. Give both areas a nice pressure wash for a cleaner appearance.
- Install outdoor lighting. You can find tons of affordable outdoor lighting on Amazon and your local hardware stores. Consider draping them over areas that have a grill or patio furniture to give it that outdoor rooftop bar vibe.
What steps are you taking to spruce up your landscaping this summer? Share with us in the comments below!
Home Buyers Express is one of Maryland’s leading real estate firms. Our mission is to make your life easier, whether you’re buying or selling a home. With over 20 years of experience in the real estate industry, our team purchased and remodeled hundreds of houses. We tailor each transaction to meet our clients’ needs and provide them with a seamless experience. Contact us today!